Thursday, April 21, 2011

Back at it again!

Hi everyone its been to long.  After a busy few weeks of nonstop busy I can finally get back to work on the blog. 

Aside from school and work the past month I've upped my training intensity a bit and run a couple races.  First I ran the Olde Salem Greens 5k cross country race.  Let me tell you this is the hardest 5k I have ever run period. The half marathon on nordic ski trails I did in september doesn't even compare to the challenge of this course.  Hell when all was said and done my arms were more sore than my legs from pumping so hard to get up the constant hills.  Now aside from the challenging and extremely fun course I have to give high praise to the Wicked Running Club.  They did it yet again.  I havn't done a whole lot of their races mostly just the turkey trot and I'm disappointed I havn't.  This club knows how to put on a race.  It's laid back yet completely organized.  The start is always exactly when they advertise, never late, and the volunteers are amazing. Definitely great races put on by a great club.  If your from the area looking for a group to join definitely check them out.  I'm not a memeber now but know I will be joining in the very near future.  Check out their site for more info http://wickedrunningclub.com/

The second race I ran was the Yukan Run road mile in Gloucester MA.  This was another good one.  Being the first time this race is being put on it was also run extremely well.  Tons of volunteers made registration and the whole race go super smooth.  The course for this race I really liked as well.  It runs right down main st. from Stage Fort park, over the draw bridge, and past the fishermans statue to the end.  Then you turn around and go back.  Its flat fast and the turn around makes pacing easy as pie.  This is also the first part of a great looking series which every race gets a little longer each time.  For more info on the series  check out their site http://www.yukanrun.com/

Thats it for now.  Look out for my next post on exercise nutrition and proper diet coming very soon.

Endurance = Strenght = Speed

Happy training
Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment